Monday, December 3, 2007

Morning light in the neighborhood

One of the few advantages of getting my sorry butt up so early to go to work is that on the occasional nice morning I get to watch the sun come up and flood the valley below our house with gorgeous light. This morning was one of those days.

It was pretty cold overnight for California (I have to add this disclaimer for all the Easterners who will laugh) so the sky was clear and the colors were very pure. I liked the way that the gray-greens of the hills were at one time so orange in the sun and yet so blue in the shadows. I thought, “this would make a great study”. So, I snapped off a couple of shots to save.

Morning

I need to try this when I have a chance. Just a small study but it may be very helpful...

I want to work on the transition between the orange and blue hill faces. Also, some of the trees are in sun and shadow right on top of each other. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment