Sunday, March 9, 2008

Balboa Park Walkway

I was out last Sunday on a photo walk at Balboa park here in San Diego. The Park was crowded (always is on the weekends) so I was looking for some quiet, out-of-the-way spots to set up my tripod. This was one of those places.

 _DSC1757
9x12  oil on canvas

The day was getting on and the sun was going low when I took the original photo. I was attracted to the warm light and the shadows.

After sorting through the shots for the day I pulled this one aside because I thought It would be fun to try it as a painting. Many of my more interesting moments arise from such innocent ideas!

Although this is the way I found this scene, I keep feeling that it really needs a window or a hanging plant or something in the large, open space in the center wall. I’ll have to mull this over and maybe try putting something in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment