Sunday, March 30, 2008

Evening Oak

Found this one, old lonely oak tree all by itself up on a hill. I was heading back to the car and the sun was setting so I debated with myself (and won this time!) about stopping to do a quick study. I've been fascinated (OK, a little obsessed) with oak trees lately but still don’t feel like I have an understanding of what they’re all about. Sounds like a good excuse to get out and paint more of them!

 _MG_0083 - Version 2
8x10 oil on board

One thing that I’m still learning (one of so many!) is that skies are not always blue. In fact, sometimes you can leave the blue paint alone. Fun!

3 comments:

  1. I don't see any blue in this sky at all. It's a great look. I like this a lot. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip here, it is an amazing sky with out a trace of blue.. btw I loved all your works here, a very soft and subtle approach to the subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Padmaja. It's been a while since I posted this and I need to try this approach again. Cheers....

    ReplyDelete