Monday, March 17, 2008

Elin Pendleton - Day 3

(Be sure to read the intro here)

DAY 3
On the final day of Elin’s “Color Bootcamp" we talked about late evening light and sunsets. Elin also explained some of the exceptions to the color rules. One of these involved the handling of painting people, in particular the skin tones. She followed this with a wonderful demo that pulled it all together.

Another treat was a discussion and demo about painting clouds. Such a seemingly simple thing that’s much more difficult than it appears.

_DSC1839
6x8  oil on canvas

Finally, Elin took us through her process of handling sunset paintings. Simple, to the point and it works!

_DSC1837
6x8  oil on linen

This is the last day but I could go on for another week! I know I’ve already learned more in 3 days than I have in the longest time.

For any level of experience, I highly recommend that you attend one of Elin’s workshops. She’s a fantastic teacher and an inspiration. Now, if I can just remember half of what I learned over the weekend......

Too see Elin Pendleton's paintings - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment